How to install the browser extension to view Organic Chemistry animation
This is a temporary fix for one-off installations. Write to me to be informed when we release the HTML5 version - this is a major undertaking but as of February 2023 we had converted most of our ~200 animations. We are now working on the website which will house it - we will need an army of volunteers to finish this so please drop me, RF a line as doing that might even be fun.
- There's an animation below to test if your browser extension is working
In Microsoft Edge
- Search at Microsoft Edge Extensions for 'ruffle'. Click Get to install the extension. You can verify the extension is installed at edge://extensions/
- Search the Chrome Web Store for 'ruffle'. Click Add to Chrome to install the extension. You can verify the extension is installed at chrome://extensions/
- A Firefox browser add-on link to add-on by Modernkit does a very good job of rendering Flash content. I use it but you can instead try the Ruffle extension as described further down this page.
- If the ruffle extension isn't in the web store continue follow this text & video below:
- Click the latest "Chrome / Edge / Safari" link at ruffle. Keep a keen eye to see which folder the zip file goes into. Extract the zip file.
Copy paste or type in the address bar: chrome://extensions/ (1)
Turn on Developer mode in the top right corner (2). Click Load unpacked (3) Select the folder you extracted the extension to (4).
Right-click the latest Firefox .xpi download link at Ruffle Click "Save Link As..."
Navigate to about:debugging Click on This Firefox.
Click Load Temporary Add-on... Select the .xpi that you downloaded.
Watch video on Youtube or play below
Did it work?
Refresh this page and click to the right here > click the red double bond >
About Organic Chemistry by Roger Frost
- Provides 24/7 access to learning at home or school. Consistent and complete coverage for A level organic chemistry
- It works like a web site and can be used on both Mac OS and Windows. Use on IOS and Android devices is also possible.
- You can buy student + teacher access or just teacher access. See menu above
- The LICENCE AGREEMENT asks you to limit access to your own staff & students